April 1, 2016, Friday afternoon -- Reading C.S. Lewis

In the Mission District

She is reading The Silver Chair, the 6th book in The Chronicles of Narnia, by C.S. Lewis. I was excited to see her reading this because two weeks ago, when I was at the Asilomar Conference Center, I found The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, the 1st book in the series, on a bookshelf in the lounge room, and read it again for the first time as an adult. He is really a brilliant story teller.

I asked her, What's your favorite book? and she was suspicious. Why do you want to know? she asked me. No one has ever asked me that before. Like with my other interviews with readers, I had already explained that I have a blog where I post my pictures, so her question was, really, why would the readers of my blog want to know. I didn't really have an answer to that, except that, by association, this blog can help readers know what books "travel together." If I like ____, I might also like ____ because this reader likes both. In the end, she didn't have an answer about her favorite book, but said that this, the one she was holding, was really good.


0 Comments: